Pages

Saturday 14 April 2012

Just started my first day at a salon!
I was hired as a makeup artist to replace the main makeup artist and help for weddings and such.
It's a lot of standing around and smiling and greeting people.
It's unlike anything I've ever done before, since I've never worked in a salon prior to this job.
I have to say, freelancing is so much nicer because I am my own boss  and can do what I like as far as makeup is concerned. At the salon you really have to focus on what the client wants or doesn't want but that's completely fine. In any case, you have to pay attention to what your client wants no matter what, so it's basically the same thing except that i'm not my own boss.
All in all, I enjoyed my first day and can't wait to put makeup on more and more people and gain loads of experience! What I've learned so far is that great customer service is a must as well as a strong confidence in my ability as a makeup artist!

Oh, and I got to practice applying individual false eyelashes for the first time! Takes some practice but nothing severely complicated :)

That's it for now,
xo CarolinaCupcake

No comments:

Post a Comment