Here are some pictures of a makeup look I created using the Urban Decay Electric Palette. It's bright, dramatic and winged out in all directions. Thanks to my friend Shannon for taking some gorgeous pictures of me <3
I wanted to make a post to show my opinion on what the perfect pink lipsticks are for a bridal look!
I've used most of these colors for my own bridal clients, and they've worked for everybody so far :)
I created a soft, romantic bridal look on myself to show case the beautiful lipsticks, so here we go!
MAC Lipstick in Angel
This is a popular shade because it's a light neutral pink with a frost finish. It's smooth on the lips and is a pretty pink.
MAC Pink Nouveaux is a brighter cooler pink in a satin finish. This is not a neutral color, but for the pink lovers, it's a nice pop of color without looking garish.
MAC Please Me is a matte finish lipstick. It's a warm pink with neutral peachy tones. It's a classy shade and it's not too pink or too peachy. Just right.
MAC ChatterBox is an Amplified formula, which means it stays well on the lips like a matte formula, but isn't as drying as a full on matte formula. This has a bit of a sheen to it, and feels creamy. It's a warm pink and adds some warmth to the face.
Clinique 43 Glazed Berry is such a lovely lipstick. It's a warm pink with a shine to it and has a bit of a duo chrome appearance to it. Depending on skin tones, it can look lighter or darker. It's a classic!
Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Collection in 101. This Lipstick has lasting power and is light neutral pink.In the same value as MAC's angel, however this one is more warm toned.
Rimmel Apocolips Lip Lacquer in 102 Nova is a bolder Pink. It lasts a long time and is a gorgeous color for those ladies who love a nice pink lip!
Rimmel Apocolips Lip Lacquer in 101 Celestial is a muted warm neutral pink. It's less of a pinky shade and it's a more warm neutral than the others, still lovely.
I'm here to chat about my Milani Cosmetics lipsticks. They are some of the best drugstore lipsticks I have ever tried! They are long lasting, creamy and smell like watermelon candy! I definitely plan on getting more, but here are the 4 that I own and absolutely adore!
Sweet Nectar- The BEST orange lipstick I have ever tried! It's a true bright, creamy orange. So stunning on my complexion...didn't think I could pull off orange, until I tried this beauty.
Fruit Punch is the first Milani Lipstick I ever bought. It's a bright medium toned pink. This color is gorgeous!
Plumrose is a berry plum. It's a neutral color that would look great on everyone! Perfect for everyday and dark enough to be considered bold for those shy lipstick wearers ;)
I saved my favorite for last. Nude Creme is THE best nude lipstick I have ever tried. I am more of a bright lipstick kind of girl and usually shy away from nudes. But this color is perfection. It's a pinky peach nude and it doesn't make me look like a corpse (which is important, obviously) It's definitely a MUST!
If you live in Montreal, you can get Milani Lipsticks at Loblaws or Maxi & Cie.
They retail for about $7!
Hey Loves! I went to Forever 21 (again) and found some insanely gorgeous necklaces!
I am literally at a loss for words. If you know me, you know I LOVE holographic anything. Hell, I even have a whole board on pinterest dedicated to everything holographic. So, when I saw this necklace, I practically peed myself!!!!
I took three pictures to show the different ways the holographic jewels reflect in the different light.
AND these earrings <3
and these cute little sleepy kitty studs
I also bought this beautiful three piece chain necklace. The colors remind me of a gas spill! Absolutely gorgeous!!
AND at the cash, I smelt this heavenly body mist and it practically flew to the cash. SO YUMMY!!
So I bought a few goodies here and there and I wanted to share them with all of you! So feast your eyes on these goodies and maybe you'll love what you see :)
This is Clinique's Glazed Berry
Clinique is a brand my mother has been buying for years. She came home one night and showed me this lipstick (which was part of a gift) and I immediately fell in love. It's a beautifully coralish fushia lipstick with a blueish sheen. It's just unique and lovely!
These new Revlon nail polishes are part of the Limited Edition Spider Man collection! These colors are stunning and both have a shimmery finish that has many reflects to it. Electrified Web is an Orange with a flash of gold and coral Gwen's Crush is a fuchsia with a flash of purple and blue.
Stunning on the nails and last awhile without chips!
This overshadow from The Balm in work is overrated is a dusty shimmery shadow topper. You can put this over eyeshadow or use alone to add shimmer and sparkle to your look.
This is the Balmbini palette from The Balm
It has two of the balms famous blushes, a highlighter, two eyeshadows, a lipstick and a lipbalm!
It's a great little palette that lets you try out some of the Balms best products :)
Ok, the Ice Cream KroMask in Cherry is a nourishing color mask that you put on damp hair and leave on for a maximum of 5 minutes. This mask is literally the best thing EVER. I've been dyeing my hair a dark red and recently did a little ombre to my ends to give some dimension and fun. The mask made my hair brighter and more vibrant than it has ever been! It's obviously not permanent, but it lasts a few washes and you can apply whenever you want!
This is what my hair looked like after the mask :)
I'm a big fan of the Batiste, dry shampoo line and I have a few bottles of the exotic coconut scent. However, I saw this bottle- the XXL version appealed to me even more! My thin hair needs this bad boy for life! (and it smells lovely!)
Enjoy! Let me know if you've tried these products and what your thoughts are :) xCaroline
Today, I want to introduce you to the new palette to come from Urban Decay called "Electric".
Unlike the famous naked palette's, this one features 10 bright and intense pressed pigments. This palette features pigments that are both smooth and rich and can be used on the eyes, face, lips and hair!
The packaging is STUNNING! I practically fell out of my seat when I saw this palette.
Let's talk about the first row of pigments.
Revolt is a beautiful silver pigment. It' really pretty as a highlight and the texture is more glittery and more flaky than the rest.
Gonzo is a bright sky blue with a satin finish
Slowburn is a orange based red that sure packs one hell of a punch and has a satin finish.
Savage is bright matte blue based pink and is the most chalky shade of the palette. Perfect for lips or hair!
Fringe is an intense and silky teal color with a shimmery satin finish.
Chaos is a ridiculously intense electric blue with a satin to matte finish. This shade has the most fallout, but we can definitely look past that.
Jilted is a warm purple with a tint of pink. It has a satin finish and reflects blue in the light.
Urban is an intense cool purple with a satin/metallic finish
Freak is a stunning lime green with a shimmer finish
Thrash is a chartreuse green/yellow. It can look more yellow with a white base underneath. It has a shimmery satin finish.
This palette also comes with a synthetic, double ended brush.
This palette is labelled a 'pressed pigment' palette because these colors are in their true, intense form. The 4 shades slowburn, savage, jilted and urban are apparently not safe for use on the eyes. These colors contain a red pigment which may irritate those with sensitive eyes. Use at your own discretion.
For this eye look I used the shadows 'naked' and 'WOS' from the naked basics palette in my crease for definition. I then used 'freak' all over my eyelid. On the inner corners I used 'thrash' and 'revolt'. In the outer corner, I used 'fringe' and took it up slightly into the crease as well. On my lower lash line, I used a purple liner and put 'urban' shadow on the outer corner and 'freak' for the first half of my bottom lash line. With 'urban', I winged out my bottom, extended the lash line.
OCC or Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics are well known for their lip tars (not made with tarr). They are gluten, vegan and cruelty FREE! These lip products are super, highly and intensely pigmented (and yes, the three adjectives were necessary)!
They have a million different colors and they finally came out with an all star mini kit. This kit contains all the primary colors (blue, red and yellow) as well and black and white. With these colors in your arsenal, you can LITERALLY DO ANY LIP COLOR YOU WANT! The possibilities are endless!
These lip tars have a kind of mild minty flavor that goes away when dry. They go on super shiny but dry down to a matte finish. They stain the lips, and last a long time :) This pack also comes with a full size lip brush, which is the perfect tool for applying this product.
You only need a small dot of the color to cover your lips and a pin point amount of another color to mix! I would suggest using a lip liner with these colors because they do tend to feather at the lip line.
This primary pack is sold at http://occmakeup.com/ or http://www.sephora.com (where I got it). This primary pack sells for $35 and is perfect for makeup artists :) (or for those of you curious and adventurous girls and boys). A regular full sized lip tar is $20, and you'll never run out! :)
Here are the swatches (I had a lot of fun making different colors...my lips were so in pain after this swatchfest, but it was so worth it!)
The Pack comes with a Red (NSFW), Blue (RX), Yellow (Traffic), White (Feathered) and Black (Tarred)
I wrote down each combination of colors I used to create each lip (so I and you would know for future reference- W2 refers to me putting double the white to further lighten the color)
This time, it's all about drugstore products and which ones I can't really live without!
As some of you may know, I am quite fond of drugstore products. I always feel like people are so snobby about using drugstore makeup- sure there are some duds out there, but I've experienced some crappy high end products as well. I have found some gems at the drugstore and the ones I will be showing you are some of the best (in my opinion). I use a lot of these products in my professional kit (new ones obviously) because they are tried and true!
So let's have a look, shall we?
First up, is my beloved Fit Concealer from Maybelline. I use shade #15 which is the palest with a pinky undertone. This creamy, light weight formula is perfect for concealing and it's something I use everyday (when I wear makeup, of course). I highly recommend these!
2) Although The Rimmel Stay Matte foundation is fairly new to drugstores, I put this on my list because it captured by attention, in all the right ways. I have combo skin, which means I have an oily t-zone and some drier place around my face. This matte foundation delivers baby! It's a thicker cream like foundation that blends smoothly onto the skin, leaving a matte, perfected base. It's a medium coverage foundation, which means it conceals what needs to be concealed without looking like a mask. I make sure to properly prep my skin with moisturizer and then apply this baby one section at a time, buffing it into my skin for an airbrushed appearance. Well worth it if you suffer from an oily t-zone, because it stays put all day :)
3) This ELF complexion powder was discovered on my trip to the US last summer. I bought it, tried it on and haven't looked back since (and even bought a back up since I already hit pan!) This powder is super smooth and doesn't cake up when you apply it to the face (multiple times a day). This powder slightly evens out my skin tone and sets my makeup perfectly, leaving me shine free for hours. The yellow and green powders counteract red in the skin and the blue and pink help to brighten :)
4) The rimmel scandaleyes waterproof 24/7 pencils are the bomb.com. No seriously! They are creamy at first but set fairly quickly for a smudge free mess. Totally in love and are $6-8 each! I love the price ;)
5) The wet'n'wild color icon palettes seriously pack a punch of PIGMENTATION! These eyeshadows are buttery smooth and come in a variety of different combos. I'm obsessed with these two; for a warmer toned eye, 'walking on eggshells' is perfect. For a cooler eye 'sweet as candy' takes the cake (haha!). These neutral shades are perfect for everyday and I could go on and on and on!
6) The Maybelline color tattoos are pretty awesome in my opinion :) Barely beige is the one I use on a regular bases. The stay on all day and don't crease and are perfect bases or great on their own. I will say that it dries out after 6 months, but that's about the time you should through it out anyways ;)
7) This physicians formula eye booster in ultra black is the best liquid liner I've used. It does the job perfectly and is beyond easy! I always suggest it to clients and friends because it works, and it works well :)
8) This brow pencil seriously deserves some recognition. It's from Essence, which means it's $1.99 I REPEAT $1.99!!!!! The color is perfect for my brows and it stays on all day without budging, so that's a plus. P.s it also comes with a little brow brush, which is essential when filling in your brows with a pencil ;)
9) The Maybelline One by One volume express mascara is seriously HOLY GRAIL. I've tried a LOT of mascara's and I keep going back to this one. Tried and true baby, 'nuff said.
10) The last two I've combined because I just couldn't decide... plus they're both lipsticks..so it's not cheating right? :) The Milani color statement lipsticks are uber creamy and long lasting, smell like watermelon candy and come in an assortment of beautiful shades. The Rimmel Kate Moss matte lipsticks are oh so gorgeous and super beautiful on the lips. You MUST try these!!!
That concludes my Top 10 Drugstore Products. Hope you gained a little more information from this and will check some of these out! These gems are sure to impress you :)